Charity volunteering in Northern Ireland
The Not Forgotten Association Northern Ireland is a voluntary organisation based in Belfast which cares for the ex-service personnel and armed forces community. Call us today for more details.
For welfare and general interests of the armed forces community
As part of our service we are grateful to our small and wonderful loyal band of volunteers who give up their time to help raise awareness of our charity and also generate much-needed income. They assist with collections, organising fundraising events, assisting at military shows and generating contacts.
ROLE & ACTIVITIES OF THE NFA NI
The Not Forgotten Association is a unique national Tri-Service charity which acts for the benefit of the Disabled ex service and those serving wounded, injured, sick (WIS). We do this through a wide and varied programme of activities including events, outings, holidays and the provision of television sets (and licences if need exists).
In 2016 we commenced the process to become a charity in our own right under the NI Charity Commission and this was approved in 2017 providing us with our own NI Charity Number 100602.
The elected Office bearers manage the day-to-day operations of the Branch on a Voluntary basis and at no cost to the Branch. All the office bearers are ex Service personnel, or a family member of a service person. Committee meetings are held quarterly with an AGM being held in May each year.
As with all charitable organisations to continue the good work that we do, we need the support from those in the community. We receive no government funding, and provide our activities and service with the generosity of donations from the local community and our partners.
In NI we have many disabled ex service personnel who have been injured over many decades as a result of the various conflicts around the world, WW2, Aiden, Op Banner, Falklands, Iraq, Afghanistan to name but a few.
NFA NI is able to enrich their lives and give them some “extras” which most of us take for granted.
Current areas of activities are as follows:
- The provision of home entertainment for disabled ex service confined to their home or who are in hospital or Special Care Homes
- The provision of outings and entertainment for disabled and wounded service and ex service patients in hospitals and special homes. In NI we work very closely with the Somme Nursing Home in East Belfast
- The provision of travel and holidays for the disabled ex service. These include trips to the Edinburgh Tattoo, Trooping the Colour, Wimbledon Tournament, local concerts and theatre events, lunch get-2-gethers and much more
- Liaise with other Service agencies in relation to those those ex service personnel who are in “need” of assistance. These would include SSAFA, RBL, Combat Stress, Regular Forces Employment, and other ex service Associations and statutory bodies.
- Representation at a number of Commemorative and Remembrance events
Fundraising events for ex-service personnel in Belfast
The Not Forgotten Association Northern Ireland provides recreation, leisure and entertainment to serving Tri Service wounded personnel and veterans of any age. Call us today for more information.
There are many organisations who support us in raising funds. They include businesses, military units, regimental associations, and schools, and many individuals support us through their fundraising and sponsored events.
Our partners constantly help us and we are grateful to the many service associations, groups and individuals who support our work through their donations throughout the year. Each and every contribution helps to makes a difference to the lives of injured service men and women and veterans, and on their behalf, we offer our sincere thanks.